The first thoughts of Success for 2018


First Thoughts of Success for 2018


I will be including links to some video footage I shot yesterday. This is starting to show that after 20-30 hours of work during this year, the battle appears to be nearing it's final stages.

Though there were still a large number of fronds to pull they were primarily very short, this being the primary reason why it took me so long to clear them.

https://youtu.be/CqzxRnNgI-Q

Previously the crosiers would emerge 3-6 inches before any thought of a leaf would start to form. Now some of the fronds appear to be fully formed, with several leaves, as they emerge from the ground. I'm not sure whether this is as a reaction to the significantly reduced levels of energy in the rhizomes. 

With my heart surgery imminent I am hoping that the post-operative recovery period (2-3 weeks) will not give too much opportunity for the plants to make a comeback. 

In my final pre-operative session, today, I will try to complete the bottom section of the hill. This shouldn't be too bad as it was pretty clear last week. I am expecting a 30 min effort. Let's see.....

Well that was all completed in what felt like 20 mins but was in fact 50 mins. Still is it now as good as I can make it. The final video segments show again the completed clearance and just a quick view onto the SSSI section for comparison purposes.

All done for the next few weeks - hopefully all my work will not have been in vain. Fingers crossed!!


Comments